Shell - Ecuador
We have 1 registered suppliers in this City ..!
This is a beautiful city of Ecuador that you should visit
Shell Parish is 8km away. Away from Puyo, the road is paved and in excellent condition, it is surrounded by the Pastaza, Pindo Grande and Motolo rivers; East to West Avenue, p. Luis Jácome, crosses the city by dividing it in two: on the left side are the facilities of the Jungle Brigade No. 17 Pastaza, the airport “Amazon River”, considered the third in importance of the Country, the offices and Hangars of the FAE, GAE, SAEREO, Alas de Socorro, Aéroturismo, Indigenous Aviation, and the “Iwia Rest” Tourist Complex. At the same time on the right side distributed in neighborhoods and citadels, the populated center is located, divided into the neighborhoods: Lindo, Central, Moravia, Zulay, November 10, Fourth of July, San Antonio, San Luis, Sacha Runa, The Citadel Joslanka, and Camilo Gallegos Domínguez, etc. On the Motolo River there are three entrances to the other side of the Shell, the first access is by Ten de Novembro street, in front of the Military Prevention, the second is by the Motolo River street that leads directly to the Andes Voice Hospital and the third on Vilem Kubes street.
It constitutes the strategic parish of the Pastaza Province, it is also the most populated after Puyo, although it is not in the group of the oldest villages.
Rivers in Shell
The Pastaza, Pindo Grande and Motolo rivers pass through the Shell.
The weather is warm humid, a little colder than Puyo. Its temperature ranges between 17 ° C. and 23 ° C.
Although the parochialization date is December 29, commemorative holidays are usually held in the month of November. In addition to this, we have to offer our own and strangers, the feast of San José de Shell, patron of this place, the pass of the Child in December and the old years, festivities that have taken root in the depths of each of their population
Tourist Attractions Shell Canton
Yaku Ñamby Canton Shell
The tourist development of the Yaku Ñamby Route or “Water Route” formed by the six Amazonian provinces (Sucumbíos, Orellana, Napo, Pastaza, Morona Santiago, Zamora Chinchipe), defines 34 focal points of tourism development, having as central axes the bird watching, recreation, agrotourism, community tourism and adventure tourism.
The activities offered by the route include land and river tours, participation in healing and energizing rituals, adventure sports such as rafting, kayaking, as well as sport fishing, swimming, scientific and agrotourism circuits, visits to indigenous nationalities, sighting of Birds and gastronomy.
The canton Mera and the Shell parish is immersed in this route that seeks to implement a tourism development consciously taking advantage of the natural resources they have in their territories. In this way it has been possible to observe the entry of both national and foreign visitors who take advantage of these natural wealth.
The execution of the Yaku Ñamby route has given way to the generation of new tourism ventures, direct and indirect jobs and family involvement in the tourism production chain, among others.
RIO PINDO TOURIST COMPLEX (DIQUE DE SHELL)
It is located in the province of Pastaza, Mera canton, Shell parish, at the end of Av. November 10, at the following coordinates: 01o 29'26 "South latitude and 78o 03'31" West longitude, at an altitude of 1067 masl
Distance from the urban center of Shell: It is 300 meters away.
Characteristics: It is a natural spa built by the GAD-Municipal de Mera to encourage the influx of tourists in the Shell sector. It has been transformed into an attractive complex, which offers recreation and healthy recreation to national and foreign tourists, is made up of large areas of green spaces in which ecological paths have been implemented, offers food services, camping, slides, tarabite, sports courts, dressing rooms, toilets and ample parking space.
The site maintains a large tourist influx especially on weekends, which is where locals and strangers gather in search of relaxation.
Tree House Canton Shell
The tree house is located on the road that goes from Shell - Puyo to 1.5 km, its entry is made by the former Hacienda de Té Zulay 10 minutes.
Located at the coordinates: 01o 26 ′ 25 ″ south latitude and 78o 06 ′ 11 ″ west longitude at an altitude of 1250 m.a.s.l.
Distance from the urban center of Shell: It is 1/2 km away.
Features: The Tree House is a recreational complex in which its main attraction is an alternative construction type, the place offers a variety of services that have been pleasing to visitors. Another alternative construction is the Chorongos cave which is a series of tunnels where you can enjoy Spa, Sauna, Turkish and Hydromassage service.
Shell Park is located on Av. 10 de Noviembre and Luis Carrión, in front of the Shell market.
Located at the coordinates: 01o 29’26 ”South latitude and 78o 03’31” West longitude, at an altitude of 1100 m.a.s.l.
Characteristics: The park is of great value to the inhabitants of Shell, for the history that is represented in its monument dates from the history that began the human settlement in that sector. In addition, it is the meeting point of the entire population to celebrate different events.
The Iwia rest is located inside the Jungle Brigade No. 16 Pastaza which is located on Av. Padre Luis Jácome and covers an extensive territory that includes the banks of the Pastaza River.
Located at coordinates 01o 28 ’14’ ’South latitude, 78o 05’ 17’’ West longitude and at an altitude of 1100 m.a.s.l.
Distance from the urban center of Shell: It is 1.5 km away.
Characteristics: The Iwia Rest is a natural area, administered by the members of the police of the military barracks, its function is, the rescue of the species that are being commercialized or removed from their habitat, this hard work is carried out by the police and Ministry of Environment, which takes animals to be fed and treated until they can be returned to nature.
Protective Forest "La Moravia" Shell Canton
It is located in the La Moravia sector about 5 minutes from Shell on the right bank of the Shell-Mera road, at the back of the Los Copales cabins.
Located at coordinates 01o 28 ′ 42 ″ south latitude and 78o 03 ′ 25 ″ west longitude, at a height of 1100 m.a.s.l.
Distance from the urban center of Shell: It is 2.5 km away.
Characteristics: The date of its creation was June 16, 1997, Resolution No. 029 with an initial area of 600 hectares, belonging to the Kubes family, a part of the territory has been threatened by invasions by certain indigenous groups, one part conserves primary forest with trees of approximately 200 and 300 years of age.
Through the forest it crosses the Motolo River, in which crystalline water can be used. The only person in charge and concerned with conserving is Mr. Roberto Kubes and his wife, who have fought for many years to avoid being invaded, nor allow trees to be felled.
Shell Church is located between Av. Padre Luis Jácome and Carmen Alarcón, next to the old stadium of the parish.
Located at an altitude of 1100 m.a.s.l.
Distance from the urban center of Shell: Located about 800 meters away
Characteristics: Approximately three years ago, construction began in the 1930s and 1940s, a small chapel was built as the missionary headquarters of the Dominican parents, in charge of providing the necessary support to the interior communities, in their process of evangelization collaborating with education and development in regards to health by providing medicine and medical care.
More or less, by the year of 1965 the construction of a beautiful church begins, with the support of the community and of the Dominican fathers it is a sanctuary of great value for the inhabitants of the Shell parish.
Mass is celebrated on days: Thursday 8:00 PM; Saturday 8:00 PM; Sunday 06:30, 10:30 and 19:30.
Natural Charm Complex Shell Canton
It is located in the province of Pastaza, Mera canton, Shell parish, at the end of Asunción Cueva street, in the Camilo Gallegos neighborhood at an approximate altitude of 1100 m.a.s.l. , very close to the Vozandes del Oriente Hospital.
Distance from the urban center of Shell: Located about 300 meters away
Characteristics: It is a tourist complex built approximately three years ago, with the effort of the private company, whose owner is Mr. Arturo Battles Cave; offers tourists, locals, provincial and national, attention with receptions, swimming pool, sauna, Turkish, hydromassage, food, music, karaoke, soccer and voly indor courts, ecological cumin with access to the Pindo River, is a physical space that has a natural environment, where the healthy environment is preserved and without contamination. Serve the public from Tuesday to Sunday continuously