Cuyabeno Wildlife – 3 Day Tour
Explore the Ecuadorian Amazon, one of the most biodiverse places on the planet. Learn about the local flora, fauna and culture and customs of the local Tarapuy Siona community. Your experience with Geotours will broaden your perspective of the world in which we live!
- We welcome you to your Cuyabeno Amazon Rainforest Tour at our meeting point, Planeta Azul Resort in Lago Agrio, with a hearty Ecuadorian breakfast.
- For those who arrive by plane, we will greet you at the airport upon your arrival. From there the group will travel by van to the entrance of the Cuyabeno Reserve for a lovely canoe ride through the captivating Cuyabeno River to our Ecolodge.
- Guests will settle into their cabins and enjoy a fabulous lunch.
- The afternoon will be spent discovering the Laguna Grande, one of the main attractions of Cuyabeno National Park.
- This paradise will allow you to swim with the pink dolphins and witness the most stunning sunsets.
- Day one concludes with a night jungle hike, dinner and an enlightening talk with our naturalist guides about the animals and environment of our unique jungle ecosystem.
- Wake to a fascinating sunrise and the sounds of the jungle. Birds flying and chirping about our bungalows, tree frogs singing and the sound of wind gently flowing through the trees.
- Our exploration begins after breakfast, where we will trek upriver on the banks of the Cuyabeno River.
- Be on the lookout for infinite species of plants, enormous trees, aquatic vines, incredible orchids, medicinal herbs and a fantastic variety of wild animals and birds indigenous to the Ecuadorian Amazon.
- After your jungle trek you will be served a lovely lunch and then it’s time to relax for a bit in our Ecolodge.
- Relax on the hammocks and lounge chairs with a good book. After that we will go on a boat ride to Laguna Grande Lake were we will enjoy the sights of the surroundings and take a swim close of the gray and pink dolphins as they frolic in the water.
- Once you have enjoyed one of the most spectacular sunsets of your life, dinner awaits back at the lodge.
- The best is yet to come, with an exciting nighttime canoe ride on the river. Watch closely for the Amazon’s legendary black caimans as they hunt for their prey.
- The sights, and mysterious sounds you hear after dark will occupy your senses and give you memories you will never forget.
- An early morning boat ride to enjoy the sunrise will enable us to watch the glorious Amazon birds at their most active time of day.
- The colors, sounds and sights this morning are simply stunning. Breakfast will be served upon your return and then you will embark on a canoe ride up the Cuyabeno River and back to civilization.
- Transportation is provided from the entrance of the Cuyabeno National Park back to Lago Agrio.
Remember that all excursions and times on this sample itinerary are subject to change and largely depend on weather, season, group limitations, group interests, and guide decisions based on passenger safety and organized operations.
- Certified guides
- Night Walk in the Jungle
- Meals or drinks not descrived on the tours
What to bring?
That bring in this tour