Saraguro - Loja - Ecuador
We have 1 providers registered in this City..!
Providers of tourist products and services in Saraguro city - Loja - Ecuador
Find what you are looking for in this city, we have all the necessary information so that you can make direct contact with the company that offers the tourist services or products that you require..!
Tourist Attractions in Saraguro city - Loja - Ecuador
In this beautiful and beautiful city you can find magical and incredible places that you may not yet know, so we have the list of the best tourist places to visit with friends, family or your ideal partner ..!
Tourist and commercial services in Saraguro, Loja province - Ecuador
We have different providers of tourist services and products in the city of Saraguro, Loja province, find everything you need ..!
- Finished in Saraguro
- Travel Agency in Saraguro
- Store in Saraguro
- Beauty items in Saraguro
- Crafts in Saraguro
- Pubs in Saraguro
- Real Estate in Saraguro
- Swimming Pools in Saraguro
- Buffets in Saraguro
- Cabins in Saraguro
- Coffee Shops in Saraguro
- Footwear in Saraguro
- Vans in Saraguro
- Camping in Saraguro
- Canopy in Saraguro
- Rental Houses in Saraguro
- Country Houses in Saraguro
- Cultural Centers in Saraguro
- Language Centers in Saraguro
- Clinics in Saraguro
- National Food in Saraguro
- National Food in Saraguro
- Fast Food in Saraguro
- Typical Food in Saraguro
- Vegetarian Food in Saraguro
- Sports Complexes in Saraguro
- Building in Saraguro
- Accounting in Saraguro
- Departments in Saraguro
- Discotheque in Saraguro
- Parcels in Saraguro
- Specialists in Saraguro
- Beauty Shop in Saraguro
- Pharmacy in Saraguro
- Physiotherapy in Saraguro
- Florists in Saraguro
- Mortuary in Saraguro
- Gym in Saraguro
- Cranes in Saraguro
- Music - Theater - Dance Classes in Saraguro
- Tourist Guides in Saraguro
- Ice Cream Parlors in Saraguro
- Accommodation in Community Tourism in Saraguro
- Hostels in Saraguro
- Resorts in Saraguro
- Hotels in Saraguro
- Hollow in Saraguro
- International in Saraguro
- Jewelry in Saraguro
- Toy Store in Saraguro
- Karaokes in Saraguro
- Laboratories in Saraguro
- Bookstores in Saraguro
- Cleaning in Saraguro
- Lodge in Saraguro
- General Practitioner in Saraguro
- Seafood Restaurants in Saraguro
- Wholesaler in Saraguro
- Mechanics in Saraguro
- Motels in Saraguro
- Museums in Saraguro
- Dentists in Saraguro
- Event Organization in Saraguro
- Bakeries in Saraguro
- Guest House in Saraguro
- Sport Fishing in Saraguro
- Swimming Pools in Saraguro
- Pool in Saraguro
- Pizzerias in Saraguro
- Handmade Products in Saraguro
- Professionals in Saraguro
- Shelters in Saraguro
- Rent car in Saraguro
- Spare Parts in Saraguro
- Residential in Saraguro
- Beauty Salon in Saraguro
- Safes in Saraguro
- VIP Services in Saraguro
- Spa and Massages in Saraguro
- Suites in Saraguro
- Tattoos and Piercings in Saraguro
- Taxis in Saraguro
- Public Transport in Saraguro
- Heavy Transport in Saraguro
- Tourist Transport in Saraguro
- Community Tourism in Saraguro
- Zoo in Saraguro
Rooms available in Saraguro city, Loja province - Ecuador
We have an extensive list of rooms that you can book at the best price without paying commissions for booking in Saraguro city..!
Saraguro - Loja - Ecuador
Relevant information from Saraguro city in Loja province - Ecuador...!
Saraguro is one of the cantons of the province of Loja, characterized by the authenticity of its indigenous communities, its great traditions and its beautiful lands. The name of Saraguro comes from Sara meaning Maize and Guro meaning Pot; giving way to be known as the place of corn or as: the land of corn.
Its inhabitants are charismatic, humble and proud of their ancestors, they are also extremely believers and mythological because despite the passage of time, it can be seen that some myths and beliefs among the indigenous and peasants of Saraguro are still preserved. manifest through music, story and proverbs that are still treasured in the memory of many people in these communities. They celebrate their cantonization every March 10th.
The territories currently inhabited by the Saraguros, considered by history as belonging to the Quichua Race with Colla, Aymará and Yuracaré affluence, were the geographical seat of the Paltas, conquered by the Incas
The Land of Saraguro is fertile in which it is grown on a large scale and the best thing about this crop is that it is done in a traditional way without tractors or techniques with technology, the Saraguros prefer to do it with the help of cattle and a rudimentary plow.
Its inhabitants have also made Saraguro a place where one of the best marbles of Ecuador is found for its quality that approximates the Onyx gem desired by the national and foreign trade.
Typical meal of Saraguro
To the south of the Ecuador in the province you will be able to delight yourself with a gastronomic offer of Loja
The guajango slightly fermented drink that is prepared with the plant of the penco. Its preparation consists of putting the penco in a pot, boiling it, letting it cool for a few minutes and then depositing it in a pitcher ready to serve.
Chicha de jora de maíz - Traditional drink from the village of Saraguro. Its preparation is mainly composed of the "jora", which is basically the germinated corn and has been used since pre-Inca times as a sacred drink, exclusive for ceremonial acts and traditional parties of the canton.
POPULAR PARTIES OF SARAGURO
- Anniversary of cantonization: March 10.
- Representation of battle in Urdaneta Parish: June 30.
- Pawkar Raymi: March 21.
- Inti Raymi: June 21.
- Kulla Raymi: September 21.
- Kapak Raymi: December 21.
- Parish of El Paraíso de Celén: 24demayo.
- Parish of El Tablón: November 27.
- Paroquialización de Lluzhapa: September 21.
- Parish of Manú: May 29.
- Parochialización of San Pablo de Tenta: 29June.
- Parish of Selva Alegre: July 18.
- Parish of Sumaypamba: March 19.
- Parish of Urdaneta: June 4.
RELIGIOUS FIELDS OF SARAGURO
- Feast of the Kings: January 6.
- Corpus Cristi: June
- Religious festival San Pedro: June 29.
- Religious festival in tribute to Mary Help of Shindar: November 24.
TOURIST PLACES OF SARAGURO
Lagoons of Chinchilla Cantón Saraguro
Located in Saraguro, 12km from the parish seat of Manú, at 3796 m.s. It is a wonderful place, visited permanently by people from this and other places. It is estimated that it has about 12 hectares, with small islands that give it a special attraction. The doctors (herbalists) come to the site, who perform their spiritual cleanings.
The native forest Huashapamba Canton Saraguro
Located in the upper area of the Saraguro Canton. The extension of natural forest is 217.42 hectares, which contains a variety of native trees and plants.
Flora Native forest Huashapamba Canton Saraguro
There are espicies of the area such as:
Mullón, romerillo, platanillo, sacha capulí, duco and many more. In addition there are also orchids. It also has an immense richness in fauna, from the observations made can be mentioned 86 species of birds, some of them in danger of extinction. For these riches, the NGO identified as one of the most important forests in the world.
Cerro de Arcos Canton Saraguro
- Enigmatic, mysterious and impressive is the Cerro de Arcos, caracteriz
- The Cerro Arcos is located at an approximate height of 3,772 meters above sea level, with temperatures ranging from 05 to 12 degrees Celsius, this is in the Bellavista neighborhood of the Manú parish, 70 km from the Saraguro Cantonal Head west part.
Five hours from Loja
- With the help of a guide, you get in vans by a sedero to the slopes of the hill (until there is an hour and a half).
- Our guide, Baudilio Macas, is very proud that he was born in Río Negro, near the Cerro de Arcos; This is the reason why he prided himself on knowing the secrets of the páramo and the mysteries of the hill.
- Before there was no road, he says that they walked for five hours in awe.
- At present, you reach the Cordillera de Sabadel by car and from there you walk a bit until you reach the natural monument of Arcos.
- It is so named because its rock formation is composed of some natural arches and tourists go under them.
- It is a very beautiful place, it is known entirely by a local guide.
- Do not try to go alone, because if the mist goes down, you run the risk of getting lost.
Hiking in the Hill
- From Manú through a narrow road we pass through, El Salado, Bellavista Viewpoint, Valle Hermoso, Huambusari, Negro River, La Encrucijada, Las Cuevas, Sabadel Alto Mountain Range and the Curiquingas Lagoon.
- From this place the capricious orography of the Hill is observed; at the bottom large grasslands, pine forests and moles of stone that gives a unique physiognomy.
- The cold and the thick fog are characteristic of the area.
- Already on the hill, the route is made by a wide path that passes through the arches and shelters where tourists make their rest.
- Then we reach the Sonora Cave and the Plaza de Piedra; from there you can see a beautiful viewpoint and a lot of colorful rocks, for example there is an immense one that looks like a turtle, another one that they call the Elephant's Nose, the Priest.
- Then continue to the Cueva del Diablo, other arches and more.
- All the beauty of this natural monument can be seen when the sky is clear and the weather is good.
Legend of the hill of arches
They say that when there were no roads the Zarumeños came by the bridleways with their products to sell them here; then on one occasion when they passed through that place they saw in the arches some beautiful bronze bells; but the ends that hang to touch were not capes, but squirts of crystalline water. Some saw that, while others did not.
From Arcos down, there is a road called Chinchapal, on another occasion they say that the merchants came to sell panela, suddenly one went ahead and when he realized he was lost in a big city; surprised at the place he was, he decided to sell his products and return. With the money he got, he bought everything he needed and came back astonished at the goodness of his people and the beauty of the city. As this time it went very well, returned with more products, but unfortunately the city could not locate it. They say that hundreds of years ago in Arcos, a city was enchanted.
How long ago did the Zarumeño get lost in the enchanted city?
About ninety years ago, Don Ángel Armijos concludes